8.03.2011

"Worthy of His Praise" - What's That About?

I thought long and hard about the title of my blog site and eventually ended up with "Worthy of His Praise." Obviously, the "His" part isn't referring to my son or husband or any other human man in my life. I'm referring to my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I struggle daily, as I'm sure most women do, with what my purpose is in life - "Should I have a full-time, high-salaried job? Should I quit altogether and stay home? Why am I so exhausted all the time? Why do I never feel like I measure up compared to other wives and mothers? When will the laundry stop?!" But, I think an even better question is, "WHO am I doing all this for?"



So...over the past few months I've come to a realization - I'm not doing all of this for my kids or husband (although of course I strive to serve them daily); I'm not doing all of this to meet some expectation of a woman society has made up; I'm not even doing this to satisfy ME. I do it all for Him - Christ. Why? I have always been encouraged by what Paul wrote in Colossians: "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." (Col. 3:23-24). This particular passage in context was written to address slaves who worked for an earthly master. But, as moms and wives, isn't that what we do? We are slaves to dirty dishes, laundry, bills, responsibilities at the office, homework, deadlines, and grocery lines. BUT, if we can just adjust our mindset and heart to doing these things "as working for the Lord" it not only makes it more satisfying and rewarding - but it pleases Him.

So, "Worthy of His Praise" is about the day-to-day journey of working and living for a greater purpose - living to be worthy of His praise...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am a local Charlestonian, born and raised in good 'ol South Carolina. I have only been to other surrounding states within a days drive since I refuse to fly in an airplane - so let's see - that includes NC, GA, FL, and I think I may have crossed the border into VA at some point. I've been to the Bahamas 3 times (since you can get there by cruise ship) but one day I hope to visit Mexico. After my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, the second love of my life is my high school sweetheart, Matt. We were married at ages 19 and 21 (I'm the younger one) and in the past 8 years have acquired two amazing kids - Sammy and Maddie. We have a fairly new member of the family, Casey, who is a black lab/shepherd/pit bull mix and is very lazy. We "McCall's" have a family motto: "McCall's never give up" (for some reason this has stuck with us all). We all have a passion for music and treasure our family time. Every moment is a gift...

Followers